- 4 assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1½ cups yellow seedless watermelon, cut into large pieces
- 1½ cups red seedless watermelon, cut into large pieces
- 3/4 pound fresh bufala mozzarella cheese, cut into large pieces
- 18 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thin jalapeño slices or crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
This dish is all about showcasing the freshest, ripest summer ingredients. Serving it at room temperature allows the flavors to be at their fullest and most vibrant.
Arrange the cut ingredients in center of 6 bowls. Scatter the herbs equally, then drizzle with the oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chilies (if using).