This dish is all about showcasing the freshest, ripest summer ingredients. Serving it at room temperature allows the flavors to be at their fullest and most vibrant.
- 4 assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1½ cups yellow seedless watermelon, cut into large pieces
- 1½ cups red seedless watermelon, cut into large pieces
- 3/4 pound fresh bufala mozzarella cheese, cut into large pieces
- 18 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thin jalapeño slices or crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
Arrange the cut ingredients in center of 6 bowls. Scatter the herbs equally, then drizzle with the oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chilies (if using).