Pita chips are a great vessel for nutritious hummus dips. Toddlers will love using cookie cutters to make fun shapes, too.
Swap Option: You can also use any style of flatbread or naan.
- 2 pieces pita or naan bread (thicker works best)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning of your choice, if desired (I like flaky sea salt or paprika)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with a silicone mat.
2. Place the pita bread on a cutting board and cut out the shapes using any cookie cutter you prefer. I like hearts, stars, dinosaurs and flowers.
3. Transfer the shapes onto the prepared baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoning, if using.
4. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pita chips turn golden brown.
5. Let pita chips cool completely before serving. They will firm up while cooling.