Made with whole grains and almond flour, this zucchini bread is higher in fiber than most traditional recipes. The addition of almond flour also helps to reduce the total number of carbs in the recipe. While many standard recipes call for an entire cup of sugar, this delicious loaf is sweetened with just pure maple syrup.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ⅓ cups shredded zucchini (half of a large zucchini)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine the whole wheat flour, almond flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, yogurt and zucchini (do not wring out the moisture) together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 38-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
4. Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.