If you don't have the cookware to steam your veggies, you can add them to a large pot of boiling water and boil them until they're soft. Then add to the food processor and continue with the recipe. For a nut-free version, omit the walnuts.
- 1 head of cauliflower, or 2 heads of broccoli or 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil or organic butter
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp paprika, to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut your vegetable of choice into large chunks or florets.
2. In a pot of boiling water or a steamer, steam the vegetable until it's very well cooked. For broccoli and cauliflower, this is approximately 8-15 minutes and for sweet potato, it's 25-30 minutes. Allow it to cool slightly.
3. In a food processor, add the vegetable of choice, milk of choice, coconut oil or butter and walnuts. Pulse or purée the mixture until it forms a smooth, creamy consistency. Alternatively, you can use a stick blender until smooth. If it's too thick, add a little water.
4. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.