- Caramel hard candy, crushed into very small pieces (optional)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 8 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1-2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract or maple flavor
- 2 pinches sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
What’s better than the combo of sweet and salty in milkshake form? A sweet and salty milkshake that’s less than 200 calories, contains no added sugar and has 4 grams of fiber. Grab your straw and start sipping.
Dip the rims of two tall glasses in water, then into the crushed caramel candy to line rims. Set aside.2.
In a blender, puree milk and dates until well combined (puree until there's virtually no date bits and pieces).3.
Next, add frozen pineapple chunks, almond butter, vanilla and maple extracts, salt, and ice cubes. Blend on medium speed just until ice cubes are pureed and beverage is thick and frothy.4.
Divide between the 2 candy-rimmed glasses and add an optional pinch of sea salt on each. Enjoy!