1 1/2 dozen cookies
Salty, sweet and chewy, these cookies are like trail mix and dessert rolled into one healthy morning treat.
- Whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl and set aside.
- With a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or an electric hand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until the butter is fluffy and light.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and stir in the egg, honey, and vanilla just until incorporated.
- Stir in the reserved flour, oats, dried fruit, nuts, and coconut. The dough will be very soft.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight, up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Spoon the dough out onto the baking sheets into balls approximately 2 inches in diameter. Lightly flatten each ball with your palm to make a disc.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, just until the top of the cookie turns from shiny to matte and a few browned spots start to appear at the edges. The cookies will still be soft in the middle; don't overbake, or they'll be too dry and crunchy once they cool.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool, or serve warm. Cookies can be stored for up to 3 days in a covered container at room temperature.