Hummus is often associated with strong savory flavors like garlic, olives or lemon. But if you're craving something creamy and sweet, this healthy dip is the way to go. With a little vanilla, cinnamon and cocoa, this dip becomes a decadent treat. Plus, it's packed with protein from the chickpeas!
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Almond milk, as needed
1. Drain the chickpeas.
2. Add the chickpeas, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, dates, salt and vanilla extract into a Vitamix or food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Add a teaspoon of almond milk to thin out the spread, if needed.
4. Puree all ingredients until texture and consistency are even.
5. Dip can be served immediately with fresh fruit slices, pretzels or cookies and can be stored in the fridge.