Quinoa for breakfast? Yes, it can totally make your morning exciting. All you need is some leftover quinoa, a mug and a microwave to make this magical, gluten-free breakfast that's high in fiber and potassium. It's a perfect way to start the day!
- 3 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1 egg (cold)
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon toasted sweetened coconut
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Drizzle maple syrup
1. Mash the banana. Then add all ingredients to a large microwave safe mug. Mix thoroughly until batter is formed. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
2. Microwave for 45 seconds -- every microwave is different so watch carefully. Wait 10 seconds, then microwave again for 15 seconds. Wait one more time and then microwave for an addition 10-15 seconds or until cake starts to expand past mug.
3. Remove from oven and gently flip mug over onto a plate. Cake will have form. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with mini chocolate chips.