Starting your day with healthy fat and protein will help stabilize blood sugar, lower the amount of calories you eat throughout the day and feed your brain for whatever lies ahead. And this easy frittata is a delicious way to do just that!
- 2 ounces drunken goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. In a medium bowl, crack eggs and whisk to blend together. Add 1 ounce of shredded goat cheese, salt and pepper and whisk to incorporate.
3. Heat a 12-inch ceramic nonstick oven-safe pan on medium heat.
4. Add ghee to pan and melt. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
5. Pour eggs over onions and cook for 4 minutes or until mixture has set on the bottom.
6. Sprinkle spinach on top of eggs. Place pan into oven and broil for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned and fluffy.
7. Slice and serve.