Everybody loves the idea of a bloody mary bar, but what about a margarita bar? Set out all the ingredients so guests can make their special potion just the way they like it.
Technique tip: Make the setup even more festive by decorating the area with dry ice, toy Dracula fangs or candy corn.
- 2 ounces tequila or mezcal
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3/4 ounce dark cherry or hibiscus syrup
- Smoked salt
- Chili powder
1. Combine tequila, lime juice and syrup in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice, cover and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds.
2. Before pouring the cocktail, garnish with cinnamon, smoked salt on the rim of the glass and/or chili powder.
3. Strain the cocktail through a strainer or slotted spoon and serve right away.