This burger is stuffed to the brim with rich, umami-filled flavors. The tangy pickled beets, creamy American cheese, salty miso-mustard and smoky roasted tomatoes compliment the rich beef and make this burger beyond delicious.
- 1 burger bun
- 2 teaspoons mayo, preferably Kewpie
- 3 slices oven roasted tomatoes
- 2 mishima reserve wagyu beef patties
- 1/2 teaspoon miso-mustard (3 parts yellow mustard, 1 part dark red miso, mixed)
- 2 tablespoons diced white onions, raw
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 slice pickled beet, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon green chili vinaigrette, homemade or store-bought
1. Preheat griddle to 325°F.
2. Butter both sides of a hamburger bun and toast on griddle until golden brown and soft.
3. Lightly oil griddle and set two piles of diced raw onions on it.
4. Spread 1/4 teaspoon of miso-mustard on each wagyu beef patty. Place patties mustard first on top of raw onions on griddle.
5. Season patties with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Flip patties and top each with a slice of American cheese.
6. Place pickled beet slice on one of the patties atop the cheese. As soon as all cheese is melted, stack the patties.
7. Spread 1 teaspoon of mayo on the bottom bun. Place oven-roasted tomatoes on top of mayo. Place stacked wagyu beef patties with beet wedged on top.
8. Mix shredded iceberg, feta and vinaigrette in bowl, then place mixture on top of patties.
9. Spread remaining mayo on the top bun. Place top bun on top of burger and serve immediately.