- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 white cabbage, thinly shaved
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly shaved
- 1 cup shredded carrots
This is my go-to slaw recipe! It's crunchy, creamy and flavorful, plus it pairs perfectly with all things barbecue.
For the dressing:
Whisk the mayo, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, sugar, cayenne, salt, mustard powder and celery seed together in a large bowl. Mix throughly to combine and refrigerate before using.
For the slaw:
Toss the shredded cabbage and carrots together in a bowl until well mixed. Add 1 cup of the slaw dressing and toss to coat well. If you prefer a wetter slaw, then add some more of the reserved slaw dressing.