I love this recipe because it is a fast and easy dish that is refreshingly satisfying and bursting with bright flavors.
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- One 2-inch piece lemongrass, finely minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 orange, zested
- 6 leaves basil, thinly sliced
1. Preheat a sauté pan over a high heat. Season shrimp with salt and paprika.
2. Add 2 ounces of olive oil to the preheated pan and carefully add the shrimp.
3. Sauté the shrimp on high heat until cooked through, about four minutes, transfer to a large tray and set aside.
4. Place the pan back over medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 ounces of olive oil.
5. Add the lemongrass, garlic and pepper flakes to the pan, swirl the aromatics in the hot pan for 30 seconds and then add the chopped tomatoes.
6. Simmer the tomatoes for 3 minutes then, using a zester, add in the ginger and orange zest. Add the basil and season to taste with salt.
7. Add the shrimp back to the pan and reheat. Serve with aromatic rice, pasta or on its own.