I love this recipe because it's an easy way to get delicious vegetables into your repertoire. Grilling is the fastest and tastiest way to cook vegetables.
Technique tip: Don't slice thinner than 1/4-inch and no thicker than 1/2-inch.
Swap option: Any vegetables works great here.
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 sweet bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow, or a mix), seeded and left in large pieces
- 2 small zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
- olive oil, as needed to coat for grilling
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese wedge, for grating
Heat indoor grill pan over high heat.2.
Toss vegetables in large bowl with olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.3.
Grill vegetables until well-marked on each side, using an empty sauté pan as a weight. Remove and let cool slightly. Chop into bite-sized pieces and return to bowl.4.
Toss with basil leaves. Sprinkle with vinegar. Add 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil if vegetables are dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add a generous grating of fresh parmesan cheese. Serve warm or room temperature.