Pasta salad is one of my favorite summer side dishes! When I was growing up, my mom would make a huge batch to keep it in the refrigerator and pull it out for as many dinners or lunches as possible.
Technique tip: Make this the night before you plan to serve it so the ingredients have a chance to fully marinate.
Red Wine Vinaigrette (makes 2 cups)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound tri-color fusilli
- 2 cups diced grilled zucchini
- 2 cups diced grilled bell pepper
- 2 cups grilled corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 cups diced grilled onion
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can pitted black olives
- 1/2 pound diced feta
- 2 cups red wine vinaigrette
For the red wine vinaigrette:
Combine all ingredients into a container with an air-tight lid and shake vigorously to mix. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the pasta salad:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked strain and run under cold water to cool. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl and combine all ingredients. Mix well and let sit overnight.