- 1½ lbs. swordfish, cut into 4 equal steaks
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 ears fresh corm, remove husk and kernels
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 a small red onion, peeled, diced
- 1 small red pepper, cored, seeded, diced
- 1/2 of a small jalapeno pepper, seeded, diced fine
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, leaves, washed, torn
- 1/2 of a fresh lime, juiced
Brush the swordfish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place onto a hot cast-iron grilling pan and cook over medium heat.
Cook the swordfish for 6-10 minutes, depending on the thickness.
Tip: If you don't like swordfish, you can use Striped Bass, Tuna or Bluefish.
Corn relishHeat oil in a non reactive medium saute pan.
De-seed and dice the small pepper.
Chop the corn, onion and jalapeno.
Add remaining ingredients except basil, saute on medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add water and simmer on medium low heat until corn is tender (approx. 5 mins).
Transfer corn relish to a bowl, add basil, season with salt, pepper, fresh lime juice.
Serve at room temperature.