Rice noodles, herbs and plenty of crunchy vegetables form the cooling base to a salad that's paired perfectly with grilled steak. You can use either freshly cooked, hot steak, or cold, sliced leftover meat here ... it's great both ways! If you can't find rice noodles, you can use rice, or any other grain of choice to make a grilled steak grain bowl.
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1 zest from lime finely grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange or tangerine juice
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane or minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 8 ounces rice noodles, cooked according to the package directions
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radish
- 1 cup torn fresh mint leaves, more for garnish
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, finely chopped, more for garnish
- Sliced grilled steak, see recipe above
1. In a glass measuring cup, mix together the fish sauce, lime zest and juice, orange juice, garlic, sugar and jalapeno.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, cucumber, radish, mint and peanuts with the remaining marinade. Divide the noodles evenly between individual serving bowls and top each bowl with thinly sliced steak.
3. Garnish with additional mint and peanuts.