These shrimp tacos are bursting with flavor in each and every bite. The smoky grilled shrimp, crunchy slaw and bright lemon mayo make for a wonderful taste combination. Note that this recipe makes extra slaw and lemon mayo.
Technique tips: Slice cabbage as thinly as possible.
Swap option: Serve with grilled chicken or grilled salmon instead of shrimp.
- 1/4 head green cabbage
- 1/8 head red cabbage
- 1/4 large carrot, shredded on box grater
- 1 cup tartar sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons guacamole
- 2 flour tortillas
- 3 grilled shrimp (recipe linked above)
- 4 tablespoons pico de gallo
- 4 tablespoons coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon lemon mayo (mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice with 1 cup of your favorite mayo)
- Sliced jalapeños
For the coleslaw:
1. Shave cabbages finely with a knife.
2. Combine the sliced cabbage and carrots in large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the tartar sauce, sugar and vinegar.
4. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the tacos:
Spread the guacamole in the middle of the tortillas. Add pico de gallo, a small mound of coleslaw, grilled shrimp and jalapeños. Drizzle with lemon mayo and serve.