- Oil, for the grill
- 1 grilled lemon, halved and zested
- 4 wood skewers, soaked in water overnight (or if you're feeling wild, try lemongrass)
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (preferably wild shrimp from Mexico)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Like Bubba says in Forrest Gump: you can grill'm, bake'm or broil'm! I prefer the grill for a great char and caramelization to make these Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette.
Heat the grill to medium heat. Oil the grill grates. Grilled the lemon halves, cut-side down on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside.2.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the grilled lemon. Set aside.3.
Place 5 shrimp on each skewer, skewering each piece from front to back. Place the skewers on the grill. Brush about half of the mixture on the skewers while grilling each side. Grill until lightly charred, about 2 minutes each side. Reserve the other half of the mixture.3.
Serve topped with the remaining marinade and grilled lemon or make this dish portable: After grilling, chill the skewers and marinade in two separate plastic bags or containers in the refrigerator. Wrap the grilled lemons separately and place in the refrigerator. Just before leaving, cover the shrimp with the remaining marinade. Pack the wrapped grilled lemons separately. Sitting by the river, ocean, mountain or canyon with a great bottle of cold vino or beer, squeeze the lemon on the skewer and taste the incredible flavors. Cheers.