Give your shrimp a tropical twist with this Brazilian take from Leticia Schwartz. She turns the classic Brazilian cocktail caipirinha and turns it into a delicious vinaigrette.
The vinaigrette can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Keep it covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and shake or whisk well before using.
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cachaça
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml), plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (16 to 20 pieces) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, juice, cachaça, sugar, and a small pinch of salt, until the sugar and salt are dissolved.2.
Gradually whisk in ½ cup of the olive oil, a little at a time, until the sauce emulsifies, starts to take on a thicker consistency and is well blended.3.
In a bowl, season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Toss well.4.
Heat a grill on high and oil the grates with cooking spray.5.
Grill the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side, until just cooked through and opaque in the center.6.
Transfer the shrimp to a bowl, pour in the vinaigrette and garnish with the cilantro and parsley. Serve on a plate immediately.