- 1/2 stick unsalted grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- Four (4- to 6- ounce) wild salmon fillets
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
The parsley-walnut butter in this dish elevates the already delicious salmon to a whole new level, and adds even more essential fatty acids to your meal. Don’t be afraid of all the healthy fats here—your brain and your body need them! The butter also goes extremely well with crackers, vegetables, eggs, chicken, and other kinds of fish.
Place the butter in a small bowl and mash with a fork until smooth and spreadable. Add the walnuts, garlic, and parsley, along with ½ teaspoon of the sea salt.2.
Prepare a grill pan or outdoor gas grill with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season the salmon with the remaining sea salt and place on the hot grill.3.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and then carefully flip the fillets and grill for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.4.
While the salmon cooks, combine the cucumbers in a bowl with the red wine vinegar, remaining olive oil, and chives. Toss well to incorporate.5.
Divide the cucumbers among 4 plates. When the salmon is ready, plate the fillets and immediately top each with 1 tablespoon of the butter, allowing it to melt into the flesh.6.