Thanks to Michelle McPeak in Houston, Texas for sharing her grilled salmon recipe with us. Featuring Merlot and antioxidant-rich berries, this dish is scrumptious, satiating and a cinch to make. Serve over a bed of sautéed spinach for a nutritious meal that pairs perfectly with a glass of wine. Cheers!
Nutrition analysis courtesy of Genesis® R&D
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup Merlot wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Steamed or sautéed spinach, for serving
1. In a small saucepan, combine the raspberries, strawberries, Merlot and sugar. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and slightly crush berries; simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. (If you prefer a thicker sauce, dissolve the cornstarch in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and add to the sauce during the last 5-10 minutes.)
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat and season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Grill salmon until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Serve grilled salmon with spinach, toped with the sauce and garnish with raspberries.