Salmon burgers are a fresh and flavorful alternative to the traditional beef patty. They have the same juicy qualities that regular burgers do, while adding tremendous health qualities.
Technique tip: Make sure the grill is very hot (350°F-450°F). Lightly brush grill or food item with oil before placing on the grill to avoid sticking.
Swap option: Instead of salmon, substitute tuna, crab or chopped shrimp.
- 1 pound minced salmon
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 soft burger buns, toasted
- Tartar sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
1. Preheat grill to high heat and brush grates with oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix to evenly combine. Form 4 patties, about 6 ounces each.
3. Place the patties on the grill and let cook for 3 minutes before attempting to turn. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes for medium-well doneness (cook longer if desired).
4. Serve on toasted buns with some tartar sauce, lettuce and tomato.