Making popcorn outside over the grill is so much fun! Adding traditional s'mores ingredients like marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers to this delicious snack takes it to a new level and is the perfect addition to an outdoor barbecue.
Technique tip: Making a dome-shape with your foil with allow room for the popcorn to pop and expand.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- 1 large chocolate bar, broken into small pieces
- Salt, to taste
1. Combine the vegetable oil and the popcorn kernels in a disposable pie pan. Cover it with heavy-duty aluminum foil, making a dome-shape on top so there is room for the kernels to pop.
2. Grill over medium-high heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until the popping slows down and nearly stops. Remove from heat and place popcorn in a bowl.
3. Add melted butter, marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers to bowl and toss, seasoning to taste with salt.