I love this cocktail because you are instantly transported to a tropical beach after taking one sip of this delicious drink.
Technique tip: Grilling the pineapple caramelizes the sugar and adds a smoky note to the margaritas.
Swap option: You can always use fresh pineapple that has not been grilled.
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup grilled pineapple
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 6 cups ice
For the grilled pineapple:
1. Place pineapple in a large resealable bag with the honey, butter and cayenne. Shake to coat completely. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill to high heat and lightly oil the grate.
3. Grill pineapple for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
For the margarita:
Pour all beverage ingredients into a blender with ice and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy.