- 1 whole, fresh pineapple, peeled and core removed
- 1/3 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 18 ginger snap cookies
- Vanilla ice cream
Brush the surface of a cast-iron grill pan with vegetable oil and heat on high until hot. Slice the pineapple crosswise into 1/4" thick rounds. When grill pan is hot, place the pineapple on, as many slices as will fit in single layer. Let cook until lightly charred, then turn over.
Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle about 1/2 tablespoon mixture over each slice. Cook another 2-3 minutes until the sugar melts and the underside is grilled.
- Transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining slices until all are grilled.
- Set aside 6 ginger snaps for garnish, then crush the remaining cookies.
- Into a wide-mouth dish, place 2-3 pineapple slices against the sides of the dish. Scoop ice cream into the center, then top with crushed ginger snaps.
- Garnish each dish with one whole ginger snap, and serve right away.