Grilling soy sauce and ginger marinated chicken breasts on planks of pineapple imparts a sweet flavor you're going to love in this delicious 6-ingredient grilled chicken dish.
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 lime, juiced and zested
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pineapple, skin-on
- Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, olive oil, ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest. Marinate chicken in soy ginger marinade for at least 30 minutes.
2. Slice 4 pieces of pineapple bark off of the pineapple, leaving a little of the flesh. Brush olive oil on the skin of each pineapple bark "plank". Place 1 chicken breast on top of each pineapple bark "plank" and secure with bakers twine that's been soaked in water. Season with salt and paper. Place the chicken side down onto a grill (that's been preheating on a medium-high heat) to sear and then flip over to complete cooking. Cover grill and cook until done or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
3. Enjoy with fried rice, a simple salad and a pina colada of course!