Pineapple is great on the grill because it can caramelize and sear without falling apart, and its already sweet juices get even sweeter when subjected to heat.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons raw demerara sugar
- 4 pineapple rings (or wedges), 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as safflower or canola
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream, whisked to loosen
- Ground cinnamon, for serving
Heat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.2.
In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl (or saucepan), heat honey until it's runny, 20 seconds in the microwave or 1 minute on the stove.3.
Add nuts and sugar and stir well. Spread nuts out into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden, 15-18 minutes. Let cool, then break up into pieces.4.
Meanwhile, heat the grill or grill pan. Brush pineapple with oil, then grill, cut-side down, until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes. Brush tops with oil, then flip pineapple over and grill until marks appear on the other side, about 5 minutes longer.5.
Transfer to a serving platter and top with crème fraîche or sour cream and cashews. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.