- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3 cup bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounce rum
- 6 slice plain pound cake, store bought or use your favorite recipe
Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
Brush grill lightly with olive oil.
Add cinnamon to melted butter and brush fruit.
Grill the pineapple and bananas on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
2. Melt 1 cup butter in small saucepan, add brown sugar and cream.
Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in rum.
3. Place sliced pound cake in shallow baking dish.
Using a skewer, poke lots of holes into it.
Pour rum mixture over cake and bake at 350° oven for 10 minutes.
Top with grilled fruit and serve.