After a holiday I have tons of leftovers, and my initial instinct is always to make a sandwich with them. I wanted to create a fun way to reuse holiday food without throwing everything into a dinner roll. This recipe is also a great way to do some grilling in the wintertime!
Swap option: Add any leftovers that will fit on a skewer! There’s no wrong way to put these together.
Chef’s note: These measurements are just an estimate. Grab whatever you have in the fridge and bring your leftovers back to life!
- 16 ounces holiday ham or turkey, cut into inch-thick cubes
- 3 cups roasted white potatoes or sweet potatoes, cut into inch-thick cubes
- 3 cups pineapple, cut into inch-thick cubes
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Arrange all ingredients onto skewers, alternating ingredients, and drizzle olive oil over them.
2. Heat cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Arrange skewers on skillet and heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning skewers every few minutes, until all sides have grill marks.
3. Garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite dip or sauce!