These skewers scream tropical! The juicy pineapple and garlicky shrimp complement each other perfectly in this incredibly easy and flavorful recipe.
Special equipment: 10 to 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2½ cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
1. In a medium bowl, toss together the shrimp, basil, garlic, lemon juice, oil and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Marinating is optional. If you'd like to marinate, you can let the ingredients meld together in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.)
2. Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat.
3. Skewer the shrimp, alternating with chunks of pineapple, onto wooden skewers.
4. Place skewered shrimp onto the grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until the shrimp is cooked through (cooking time will depend on the size of your shrimp).
5. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.