This easy, Southwestern-inspired salad turns leftover shrimp and corn (TKTK link to Grilled Shrimp Skewers and Corn on the Cob) into a healthy and flavorful dish.
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package baby arugula (about 5 ounces)
- 2 cups grilled corn on the kernels (TKTK link to Grilled Shrimp Skewers and Corn on the Cob)
- 1 cup grilled shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces (TKTK link to Grilled Shrimp Skewers and Corn on the Cob)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the smashed garlic in a small bowl. Add the lemon zest and juice and olive oil and whisk together (remove the garlic before adding to salad).
2. In a salad bowl, layer the baby arugula, corn, shrimp, cherry tomatoes and black beans. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, season with salt and pepper and toss together. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed before serving.