Keep your prep simple for a road trip, picnic or visit to the beach. Make these grilled chorizo, haloumi cheese and Castelvetrano olive skewers at home. Pack them in a separate container from the hemp seed, herb and piquillo pepper marinade. Pour the marinade right over the skewers before serving and enjoy with some red wine!
- Oil, for the grill
- 4 wood skewers or rosemary skewer, soaked in water overnight
- 2 links hard Spanish chorizo, cut into 20 slices
- 8-12 ounces haloumi cheese, cut into 20 pieces (similar in size to the chorizo)
- 20 Castelvetrano olives, whole and pitted
- 2 tablespoons piquillo pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the grill to medium heat. Oil the grill grates.
2. Skewer the chorizo, haloumi and olives, staggering every third.
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place the skewers on the grill. Brush about half of the mixture on the skewers while grilling. Reserve the other half of the mixture. Grill until lightly charred, about 2 minutes each side.
4. Serve topped with the remaining marinade or make this dish portable: After grilling, chill the skewers in a bar or plastic container in the refrigerator. Cover with the remaining marinade before serving.