It’s getting to the time of year when the sun is coming out and weather is getting warm! I love to get the grill going on a nice day and combine protein with yummy flavors that go well with a refreshing salad with fruit.
I love having guests over, especially in the spring and summer time. This recipe is simple enough that I don’t need to spend too much time cooking, but still get to provide a healthy and delicious meal for my friends and family.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 pieces pineapple chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion, cut into large pieces
- 4 skewers
1. Whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and ground ginger together in a bowl; pour into a gallon-sized re-sealable plastic bag.
2. Add the chicken to the bag, coat with the marinade and squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping the bag several times as the meat marinates.
3. Lightly brush a grill or grill pan with oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
4. Remove meat from marinade and discard excess marinade.
5. Thread chicken, peppers, onions on each skewer and finish with one pineapple chunk on the top of the skewer.
6. Cook the skewers until the chicken is cooked through and nicely browned, turning often.