The original Green Goddess dressing is said to have originated at San Francisco’s Palace Hotel in 1923. The traditional dressing includes sour cream, anchovies and just a few herbs. I’ve been making a healthier version for years, but wanted to pump up the protein in honor of SuperBowl 50, so I added cottage cheese to the mix. This creamy version makes an excellent dip for fresh vegetables, like radishes and sugar snap peas.
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup whole milk cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is creamy.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. The dip will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.