It may sound chef-y but here goes: Store this super-simple Greek sauce in a squeeze bottle and you will use it all the time. I find I want to drizzle the tangy, unctuous lemon-oil sauce on just about everything; it makes a more exciting dressing than just a squeeze of lemon. Toss with some blanched vegetables for an instant side dish, spoon it on top of grilled meats, pork and chicken, or use it as a marinade for any protein.
Find the recipe for garlic confit puree here.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic puree (see recipe above)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, ground very fine
- 2⅓ cups extra virgin olive oil
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic puree, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking until thoroughly incorporated. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.