Flavorful and packed with iron, a mineral we don’t often get enough of, these patties are the perfect way to start your morning. They couldn’t be easier to make, and they’re great any time of day, especially since the crumbled up leftovers make a great taco or frittata filling!
- 1 pound grass-fed beef
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place the beef in a bowl and add in the seasonings. Mix thoroughly and then divide into 8 even-sized portions.
3. Flatten the portions into thin patties.
4. To cook, heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the patties and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Carefully flip the patties and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip the patties and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Serve alongside fried, poached or scrambled eggs.
5. Store the met, cooked or uncooked, in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 3 to 4 days.