Make the most of summer produce with this gorgeous creative salad from Todd Mitgang, chef at Crave Fishbar in New York City.
- 4 ounces baby arugula, rough-chopped
- 4 ounces romaine hearts, rough-chopped
- 4 ounces baby red leaf lettuce, rough-chopped
- 2 cups jumbo asparagus, blanched and cut into thin slices (discs)
- 2 cups yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup watermelon radish, julienned
- 3 avocados, cut into large pieces
- 1 cup queso fresco, grated
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 - dry chipotle no seeds
- 1 - small whole shallot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 stalks of green onion chopped thinly
To make the grapefruit dressing, place grapefruit juice, vinegar, mustard, chipotle, shallot and salt in a blender and blend on high while slowly pouring in the extra virgin olive oil.
Once the dressing has been emulsified, add the chopped green onions and reserve.
Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing.
Plate the salad and sprinkle queso fresco on top.