- Coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup creamy, unsweetened, unsalted almond butter, raw or roasted
- 1/3 cup pure grade a maple syrup or raw honey
- ¼ cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch pan. If you want to remove the cake from the pan in one piece, line it with unbleached parchment paper as well.2.
In a large bowl combine the almond butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, salt, coffee powder, egg, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth.3.
Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.4.
Pour into prepared pan and bake until just set and a toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs. Do not overbake. A 9 x 9 pan will take 35-45 minutes. An 8 x 8 pan will take 40-50 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Cooks note: You can also add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter.