This smoothie has a lot of personality. It's a burst of sunshine to start the day in a creamy, berry red smoothie. What's the secret energizing ingredient? Avocado! It makes the smoothie thick while balancing the sweetness of the date, berries and OJ.
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1½ cups frozen mixed berries
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk or hemp milk
- 1 pitted date, soaked in water for 15 minutes to soften or 1 tablespoon honey or 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) stevia in the raw
- Handful of ice cubes (if desired)
Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Begin at the lowest speed and gradually increase to the highest.