When I tell my kids we're having chicken for dinner, they always ask if it's "the good chicken."
"Yes, the good chicken," I reply, and the celebration begins. This is the chicken breast that's gussied up and gets them excited.
Technique tip: Serve over rice, pasta or mashed cauliflower.
Swap option: Substitute chuck roast or pork tenderloin for chicken.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet ranch dressing
- 1 packet gravy mix
- 1 jar banana pepper rings
- 1/4 cup banana pepper juice
- 4 cups chicken broth or enough to cover the chicken
1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle the ranch dressing mix, gravy mix, peppers and pepper juice over the chicken. Pour in the chicken broth to cover chicken.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
3. Serve the chicken over steamed rice, mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.