These creations not only look adorable, but are so fun to decorate.
- 12 spice cupcakes, chilled
- 12 chocolate Maria cookies, such as Goya
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- 1 16 ounce can milk chocolate frosting
- 84 pieces candy corn
- 12 thin pretzel sticks
- 12 Ferrero Rocher candies, (or doughnut hole such as Munchkins)
- 4 inches strawberry fruit leather, such as Fruit by the Foot
- 12 orange Nitwitz Kooky Bananas
1. For the tail, use a small serrated knife to saw a 3/4-inch piece from one side of the chocolate cookies. Saw the trimmed piece in half crosswise to make the wings.
2. Spoon the vanilla frosting into a ziplock bag and 1/2 cup of the milk chocolate frosting into a separate bag. Snip a small corner from the bag of chocolate frosting. For the tail feathers, pipe a line of the milk chocolate frosting along the rounded edge of the large cookie pieces and attach 7 pieces of candy corn, flat ends at the edge of the cookie. Spread a mound of the remaining milk chocolate frosting on top of the cupcakes and smooth. To support the tail, insert a pretzel stick near one edge of each cupcake, leaving 1 inch exposed.
3. Pipe a dot of milk chocolate frosting on the end of the exposed pretzel. Add a tail feather cookie to the cupcakes, pressing the cut side into the frosting, and leaning against the pretzel. For the head, press the Ferrero Rocher candy into the frosting in front of the tail. Insert the pointed end of the small cookie wings on either side of the head.
4. For the wattle, cut the fruit leather into 1/2 inch tear drop shapes. For the beak, cut the banana candies in half. Snip a small corner from the bag of vanilla frosting. Pipe dots of vanilla frosting on the head and attach the sprinkles eyes, Kooky Banana beak, and fruit leather wattle.