Top gluten-free sweet potato gnocchi with kale, pomegranate and Pecorino for a dish that's as pretty as it is delicious. This gluten-free sweet potato gnocchi is the perfect healthy alternative to the traditional recipe. With just a few small tweaks, you are able to mimic the classic gnocchi texture and enjoy this comforting dish without the guilt.
- 4 ounces tapioca flour
- 4 ounces finely ground almond flour
- 4 ounces sweet potato puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces kale, julienned
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese
For the gnocchi dough:
1. To make sweet potato puree: Peel and roast sweet potatoes, the mash or puree.
2. Combine all dough ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated.
3. Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Dust counter or cutting board with tapioca flour, then roll dough into a rectangle. Cut dough into 1/2-inch chunks to form the gnocchi.
5. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook gnocchi for about 2 minutes, then transfer the gnocchi to the ice bath. Drain well before proceeding with the recipe.
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add one tablespoon butter. Add the gnocchi and sear until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the kale and sage and sauté for 10 seconds, then deglaze the pan with white wine and continue to cook for another minute.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining butter.
4. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and pecorino over the dish and serve.