Mashed sweet potatoes and grated zucchini are the surprising ingredients inside these delicious gluten-free brownies.
- 1 pound (500 g) sweet potatoes, skin removed
- 1 zucchini (optional, but recommended since it adds moisture)
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour (or oat flour, oatmeal ground into flour)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup raw organic honey
1. Preheat the oven to 415 F.
2. Bake 2 large sweet potatoes until they are soft, approximately 1 hour. When the sweet potatoes have finished baking, allow them to cool to room temperature.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
4. Grate the zucchini into a bowl and set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potato and mash.
6. Add all of the remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix together.
7. Evenly divide batter among the individual muffin pan.
8. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the brownies and it comes out clear.