This recipe is the best for any time of day. I have it for breakfast, as a snack or dessert. You can pair it with your favorite nut butter and yogurt on top and sprinkle with granola for a crunch. And it is the best to prep on a Sunday and have it for the week. Plus, it is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lower in sugar and has zero refined sugar.
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1½ cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup creamy nut or seed butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2½ cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup sprouted gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 9- by 5-inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flax egg, banana, nut or seed butter, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, vanilla and coconut oil until well combined. Add the oat flour, oats, cinnamon and baking powder and mix until well combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the edges and top are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted to the center of the loaf comes out clean.
5. Let the bread cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy.