These Mason jars filled with sautéed bananas, bittersweet chocolate and graham crackers are topped with flambéed marshmallow crème and are such fun to serve when girlfriends come over for a big catch-up visit.
Technique tips: If you have a kitchen torch, use it to brown the marshmallow topping instead of broiling. Make these ahead and top with a lid and with a gingham napkin displaying each guest's name. These little jars of yumminess are so super sticky that you'll need those napkins handy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 graham cracker sheets, crumbled
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
1. Set an oven rack in the lowest position and preheat the broiler.
2. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bananas and brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the bananas are well coated and tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Dividing evenly, layer the graham cracker crumbs, bananas, chocolate and marshmallow crème in six 4-ounce glass Mason jars. Make sure the marshmallow is the top layer.
4. Place the jars on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil them until golden brown on top, about 5 minutes.