- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoon mirin or lemon-lime flavored soda
- 1 scallion, finely sliced on the bias
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1½ pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3½ ounces soba buckwheat noodles or thin spaghetti
- Cooking oil
- 1 bunch broccolini (about 1/4 pound)
Shrimp don't need much dressing up to be tasty. Here, a simple marinade and quick sauté yields a deeply flavorful and perfectly cooked result. The crunchy broccolini and earthy soba noodles are a great complement to the sweet and savory shrimp.
In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, garlic, ginger, mirin, scallions and cayenne, if using. Toss in the shrimp and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.2.
Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions. Drain and coat in the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Toss well and keep warm.3.
Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium low heat and drizzle with cooking oil.4.
Add in the shrimp and the marinade and sauté until shrimp is cooked through, about 3 minutes depending on size, stirring all the while. Remove the shrimp and cook the broccolini in the remaining marinade until just cooked, about 3-4 minutes.5.
Place on the soba noodles on a plate and top with the broccolini and the shrimp. Serve immediately.