How did we not think of this before? Pull-apart rolls are an excellent way to make a quick and easy batch of bite-size sandwiches.
- One 24-count package rolls, such as Martin's Potato Party Rolls
- 12-16 slices pepper jack or American cheese
- Unsalted butter, softened, for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Put two large rimmed baking sheets in the oven and let them preheat for 15 minutes.
2. Cut each sheet of party rolls in half crosswise to form a total of 4 sheets of split rolls. Brush the outsides of the sheets with butter and arrange them cut side up on a work surface. Layer the cheese on the two bottom sheets, then close the sandwiches.
3. Using kitchen towels, remove one of the hot baking sheets from the oven and put the two large sandwiches on top. Invert the other hot baking sheet on top of the sandwiches, pressing to flatten. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are browned.
4. Slide the sandwiches onto a platter and serve.