Most people think of hams as something reserved just for the holidays. This one is so easy it can even make a Monday feel special.
Technique tip: To help infuse garlic and rosemary flavor use a very small pairing knife to make slits in ham.
Swap option: Lamb would be amazing prepared this way as well.
- One 4 to 5 pound unglazed ham
- 6 stalks rosemary, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 heads garlic, peeled with cloves cut in half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
1. Place ham onto cutting board. Make small incisions into the meat in even intervals all around the ham. Stuff incisions with garlic and rosemary. Season the ham with pepper.
2. Place ham into a wide oval slow cooker. Pour broth over the ham.
3. Scatter remaining garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs over the ham and into the broth.
4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
5. Remove ham, slice and serve.