- 1 1/2 pound fingerling or yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 cup elephant garlic cloves
- 2 cup thyme sprigs
- 2 cup nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt and black pepper
Combine the potatoes, milk, cream, garlic, and thyme in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Drain, reserving the cooking liquid.
Transfer the potatoes and garlic to a medium bowl and mash with a fork, adding the nutmeg, olive oil, butter, and Parmesan.
Add about half the reserved cooking liquid, mixing well, then add additional cooking liquid as necessary until the potatoes are the consistency you like.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.